Yogic Wisdom Postgraduate Studies 2018
Enriching Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers and Advanced Practitioners that can be done as stand-alone units or as a complete Postgraduate Course.
The course modules are focused at growing and improving your skills as a yoga teacher, as well as enriching your own yoga practice. The scope of study exceeds registered yoga teacher training’s, and can upgrade your level of Yoga Australia registration, if the full program is completed.
Dates and courses for 2018
- Chakras, Nadis, Prana Vayus and Five Koshas. 28 & 29 April
- Introduction Yoga Therapy. Thursday 28 June to Sunday 1 July
- Advanced Asana. Thursday 1 November to Sunday 3 November
- Mantra and Meditation. Saturday 8 to Sunday 9 December
Chakras, Nadis, Prana Vayus and Five Koshas
28 & 29 April 2 Days , Teacher: Kym McDonald
In yoga, the body is viewed in terms of energy. Yoga Physiology pertains to the functions and activities of our body’s energy fields. This unit will explore in depth the Five Koshas (layers or sheaths) and how they connect with the Seven Chakras, the Nadis and the Five Prana Vayus.
4 Days, 28, 29, 30 June & 1 July, Teachers: Kym McDonald
Yoga Therapy uses a range of tools to assist with the wellbeing of each student. This module is an introduction to practical ways of supporting students with common health issues using the modified techniques of yoga.
Students will gain knowledge on how to apply certain techniques for these conditions and areas of concern:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Upper and Lower Back and Neck
- Knees, Shoulders, Wrist, Arthritis
- Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Women’s Health
Advanced Asana – Moving Beyond the Body
3 Days 1, 2, 3 & 4 November, Teacher: Geraldine Coren
Asana is the popular image of yoga in the West. An integral part of the practice, when done with proper breathing and with the qualities of relaxed alertness, the postures of yoga have an extraordinary influence on our health and peace of mind and prepare the ground for the more subtle practices of pranayama and meditation.
Meditation and Mantra
2 Day Course 1, Saturday 8 to Sunday 9 December Teacher: Kym McDonald
An exploration of how Mantra and Meditation bring the Mind from chaos, fragmentation and negativity into a clear, calm and positive state. From such a place, our actions are more likely to be beneficial.
Students will cover the following topics:
- Meditation techniques for clarity of mind
- Using mantra to transcend the senses and quieten the mind
- Consciousness and its relationship to the mind and chakras
- The philosophy of mantra and meditation
- Learning two powerful mantras to assist you on your Yogic journey
Post Graduate studies March to November 2018
Yoga CPD savings all 4 workshops saving $312 $1200
Fees by Module: (due 4 weeks prior to attendance)
Yoga Therapy $550
Meditation and Mantra $280
Chakras, Nadis, Prana Vayus and Koshas $280
Advanced Asana $415
Total investment $1512
NOTE *all fees includes GST *