Yogic Wisdom Yoga Teacher training for 2018
Yogic Wisdom Diploma (350 hours) in Yoga Teacher Training commencing February 2018.
Yogic Wisdom is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Australia® & Yoga Australia servicing the Hunter & Central Coast, the only Diploma of this level currently available in the Region.
Yogic Wisdom offers Classical Hatha Yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya, an Indian Yoga Teacher often referred to as “The Father of Modern Yoga” and is regarded as one of the most influential Yoga Teachers of the 20th Century.
The Yogic Wisdom Faculty is hosting an Information Evening on the 7thth and 28th October for interested students, providing an opportunity to learn more about the Krishnamacharya Yoga Tradition along with an overview of the course modules. It will also be a chance to meet our team, familiarise yourself with the Yogic Wisdom Studio and meet other interested students.
A light supper will be supplied at the event.
Yogic Wisdom Yoga Teacher Training Course Prospectus for 2018:
Yogic Wisdom offers classical Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in the tradition of Krishnamacharya. One of only a few teacher training programs available in the Newcastle area, and the only 350 hour Diploma qualification currently on offer, this course is suitable for
- those seeking to become a certified Yoga Teacher
- students or teachers looking to deepen their knowledge, experience and personal practice
10 x 4-day weekends over one year (including the retreat), commencing February 2018
Yogic Wisdom graduates will
- gain an understanding of the rich tradition of Yoga as a life-affirming science, philosophy and practice
- become confident Yoga Teachers with emphasis on course planning, teaching methodology, Anatomy and Physiology and business principles
- be inspired both personally and professionally by this holistic system of health and its far-reaching and universal relevance and application
- gain a Diploma Level qualification to Worldwide standards and be eligible for professional indemnity insurance and membership with Yoga Alliance Australia and Yoga Alliance International
- receive continuing mentoring and educational opportunities
Explore and be inspired by Yoga’s extraordinary healing potential
Yoga is an ancient and integrated system designed to maximize health and individual potential. Teaching Yoga involves much more than sound technique. Witnessing a student’s journey toward improved well being and wholeness is a fulfilling and enriching process that at the same time deepens our own understanding of ourselves and life.
About the Tradition of Krishnamacharya
Tirumalai Krishnamacharaya (1888 – 1989) is considered the ‘father’ of modern Yoga and attributed with reviving Yoga in the 20th century. He trained some of the world’s most renowned teachers. His legacy is a common sense yet rich set of teachings that honor above all the principle of meeting each student where they are at.
Yogic Wisdom Yoga Teacher Training students will learn to practice and teach the different techniques and tools of Yoga in a balanced, safe and nurturing way. Students will be confident in modifying and adapting the techniques to meet individual needs. The course will offer a sound understanding of the history and philosophy of Hatha Yoga and the different lineages with particular emphasis on the teachings of Krishnamacharya. The Yogic Wisdom teacher training program has been written and approved at the worldwide standard of Yoga Alliance Australia®, International and Yoga Australia.
Trainees will learn:
- skills of observation, instruction and communication
- how to demonstrate the techniques and give modifications and variations for individual needs and various demographics
- class sequencing and practice planning
- business skills
- injury prevention
- different approaches to Yoga teaching offered by other lineages
- teaching one on one, as emphasised in the tradition of Krishnamacharya
- the ethical and personal qualities of a Yoga teacher
Students will learn how to practice, teach and understand the benefits and precautions of Yoga tools and techniques:
Trainees will learn about the effects of the Yoga postures and other techniques on the body and its various systems.
An overview of the origins, history and evolution of Yoga and related philosophies from ancient to modern times. Students will study the Bhagavad Gita and Ramayana, along with the Yoga Sutras. This will involve an overview of the four chapters and more in-depth study on Chapters 1 and 2, especially the definition of Yoga, the eight limbs, overcoming obstacles to Yoga and the ethical principles outlined in the Yamas and Niyamas. This module will include an introduction to Ayurveda as the sister science to Yoga.
Trainees will attend classes conducted by other Yoga teachers where they will observe and assist. This will include a total of 40 hours attending classes with faculty teachers. They will also teach classes for their peers and learn about the steps involved in establishing Yoga classes, including finding premises, producing promotional material and obtaining insurance.
Meet our Yogic Wisdom Teaching Faculty
Now Enrolling for Class of 2017
Use our Contact Form to book or Inquire
Or call us on 0410 545 502